ESXi 5.0 White-box


Two new white-boxes purchased to add to my current whitebox. Finally I can have a cluster!

Am going to try EVC for my Core2Quad box with my new i7 box.

Here are the specifications of my new whitebox if you are interested in building one. Note the chipset of the mainboard which is the crucial part whether ESXi can be installed on it. So far I discover P67 chipset seems to be working for all models.  So I bought the Deluxe series as the Evo series was out of supply.

I bought my Intel Dual Port from dealextreme.  It took very long to shipped and its not cheap as they are server NICs.

Components Parts
CPU Intel i7-2600 3.4GHz/8MB/LGA1155
Board Asus P8P67 Deluxe-B3
Memory 4 x Kingston 4GB DDR3 10600/1333 CL9
HDD Western Digital 1TB 64MB Caviar Black SATA 3
NIC Intel Pro 1000/PT Dual Port PCI-E X4
Video Asus EN210 512MB DDR2 HDMI (L/Profile)
DVD Samsung SH-S243S 24x Internal DVD Writer
Chasis Coolermaster CM Elite 431 Plus
PSU CoolerMaster GX550W Single Rail (5Yrs)
FAN CMaster BladeMaster 120mm R4-BMBS-20PK Fan
Flash Drive SanDisk Cruzer Blade CZ50 (8GB)























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why VMware or Why Not after Broadcom?

VMware by Broadcom, A New Chapter Forward

VMware vExpert 2024 Application is Now Open!